See Help:Contents for more Help navigating this Wiki and the process of making updates here.
When we are editing, there is a row of microscopic icons above where we edit, that have a dark blue background with contrast that is hostile to the eyes of older folks like : Al Mac
So what the heck do they mean, and what can we use them for? They are to help us with typing and formating the contents of what we are doing in the editing process. Just key some text, highlight it, then click on the icon above to get whatever the deal is.
Depending on what Browser a person is using, there will be some variations, to be detailed, as we figure this out. In sequence from left to right they are:
- Bold (letter B)
- Italics (letter I)
- Internal Link (hyperlink)
- External Link (remember some url) (icon is like something outside the globe)
- level 2 Headline (2 @ = on either end) (like a big A)
- embedded image (looks like a chunk of text we'd need a microscope on steroids to read)
- media file link (yellow arrow pointing to upper left)
- math formula (square root of n)
- ignore wiki formatting (red circle X over black W)
- your signature with time stamp (tildes) (really does look like someone signed this)
- horizontal line (use sparingly)