WDSC, an acronym for WebSphere Development Studio Client for System i, is a robust, Windows-based, integrated development environment (IDE) based on the open source Eclipse project that is customized for System i developers. WDSC's predecessor was Code/400. The current product replacing WDSC is Rational Development for Power Systems for i, generally called RDi for the sake of brevity.
The contents of this page are retained for historical reference, but much of the content applies to RDi as well.
WDSC has support for editing various types of files...
Additionally, it contains...
- An WDSC debugger using Service Entry Points
- Websphere Application Server (WAS) management tools
- Rational Business Developer Extension V7.0 EGL tooling
WDSC has been superseded in i 6.1 by IBM Rational Software Delivery Platform for System i WDSC was originally still orderable in i 6.1, but as of April 2010, WDSC is no longer supported . RDi 7.6.0 is no longer supported as of Sep 30, 2015.  An alternate (older) acronym for RDi is RDp.
WDSC/RDi/RDp use the same plug-in mechanism as Eclipse (since they are based on Eclipse), with some modifications to support the RSE.
A number of vendors have plug-ins for their specific product, and there are some open-source plug-ins available. See WDSC/Plugin.
In general ...
- Plug-in's designed for Eclipse 3.2 will work with WDSC 7.0 and RDi 7.1
- Plug-in's designed for Eclipse 3.4 will work with RDi 7.5 and RDp 7.5 & higher.
- Plug-in's designed for WDSC 7.0 and RDi 7.1 are compatible.
- Plug-in's designed for RDi 7.5 and RDp 7.5 & higher are compatible.
This version history needs review![verification needed]
|Tool name||Tool version||Release date||i5/OS version||Eclipse version||Fix list|
|ADTS CS/400||V3R7 (unchanged from V3R6?)||1995?||V3R7||--||--|
|ADTS CS/400||V3R7 (unchanged from V3R6?)||1996?||V4R1||--||--|
|WDS||V5.0, 5.1||January 2003||V5R2||-??||--|
|WDSCi||7.0||January 2006||V5R4||3.2 Callisto||--|
|RDi||7.1||January 2008||6.1||3.2 Callisto||--|
|RDi||7.5||October 2008||6.1||3.4 Ganymede||--|
|RDp||7.5||February 2010||6.1||3.4 Ganymede?||--|
|RDp||7.6||April 2010||7.1||3.4 Ganymede||--|
|RDp||8.0||Oct 2010||7.1||3.6 Helios||--|
|RDp||8.0.3||Oct 2011||7.1||3.6 Helios||--|
|RDp||8.5||May 2012||7.1||3.6 Helios||--|
|RDi||9.0||June 2013||7.1||4.2 Juno||7038481|
|RDi||9.0.1||December 2013||7.1||4.2 Juno||7038481|
|RDi||9.1||April 2014||7.2||4.2 Juno||7038481|
|RDi||9.1.1||December 2014||7.2||4.2 Juno||7038481|
|RDi||184.108.40.206||March 2015||7.2||4.2 Juno||7038481|
|RDi||9.5||September 2015||7.2||4.4 Luna||7038481|
- V6R1 and 7.1 Announcement summary Retrieved on 4 Jun 2010
- Rational Developer for Power Systems Software RPG and COBOL Development Tools for i 7.6.0 Withdrawal from Support Retrieved on 30 Sep 2014
- WDSC Infocenter V7.0
- WDSC Home page
- PDF of Mastering WDSC V7.0 and WDSC V7.0 Advanced Edition for i5/OS V5R4 (sg247578) at IBM Redbooks
- Partner400 WDSC and RSE page
- System i Developer RSE Tips March 2009
- System i Developer RSE FAQ March 2009
- RDi - IBM Rational Developer for i Hub IBM Web forum
- WebFacing wiki Started by Mike Hockings, IBM
- IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems Software V7.5 - RPG and COBOL Development Tools for i IBM United States Software Announcement 210-020 February 9, 2010
- IBM Developerworks hub for RDi (requires registration)
Pages in category "WDSC"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.