Difference between revisions of "Category:Rational Developer"
(Clarify plug-in mechanism)
(→Version history: +8.0.0, 8.0.3, 8.5.0)
|Line 137:||Line 137:|
Revision as of 10:55, 7 July 2012
Rational Developer, an acronym for WebSphere Development Studio Client for System i, is a robust, Windows-based, integrated development environment (IDE) based on the open source Eclipse project that is customized for System i developers. WDSC's predecessor was Code/400. The current product replacing WDSC is Rational Development for Power Systems for i, generally called RDp for the sake of brevity.
WDSC has support for editing various types of files...
Additionally, it contains...
- An WDSC debugger using Service Entry Points
- Websphere Application Server (WAS) management tools
- Rational Business Developer Extension V7.0 EGL tooling
WDSC has been superseded in i 6.1 by IBM Rational Software Delivery Platform for System i WDSC was originally still orderable in i 6.1, but as of April 2010, WDSC is no longer supported . The successor to RDi is RDp.
WDSC/RDi/RDp use the same plug-in mechanism as Eclipse (since they are based on Eclipse), with some modifications to support the RSE.
A number of vendors have plug-ins for their specific product, and there are some open-source plug-ins available. See WDSC/Plugin.
In general ...
- Plug-in's designed for Eclipse 3.2 will work with WDSC 7.0 and RDi 7.1
- Plug-in's designed for Eclipse 3.4 will work with RDi 7.5 and RDp 7.5 & higher.
- Plug-in's designed for WDSC 7.0 and RDi 7.1 are compatible.
- Plug-in's designed for RDi 7.5 and RDp 7.5 & higher are compatible.
This version history needs review![verification needed]
|i5/OS version||Tool name||Tool version||Release date||Eclipse version|
|V3R7||ADTS CS/400||V3R7 (unchanged from V3R6?)||1995?||??|
|V4R1||ADTS CS/400||V3R7 (unchanged from V3R6?)||1996?||??|
|V5R2||WDS||V5.0, 5.1||January 2003||??|
- V6R1 and 7.1 Announcement summary Retrieved on 4 Jun 2010
- WDSC Infocenter V7.0
- WDSC Home page
- PDF of Mastering WDSC V7.0 and WDSC V7.0 Advanced Edition for i5/OS V5R4 (sg247578) at IBM Redbooks
- Partner400 WDSC and RSE page
- System i Developer RSE Tips March 2009
- System i Developer RSE FAQ March 2009
- RDi - IBM Rational Developer for i Hub IBM Web forum
- WebFacing wiki Started by Mike Hockings, IBM
- IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems Software V7.5 - RPG and COBOL Development Tools for i IBM United States Software Announcement 210-020 February 9, 2010
This category currently contains no pages or media.