- See Green Screen
- This is a GUI (Graphical User Interface} for using Microsoft Windows to access AS/400.
- IBM frequently made improvements in this interface, and changed the name to reflect the new and imporved reality.
- This happened so often that people could get lost figuring out what is now the official name.
- Before Client Access there was PC whatever Support.
- After Client Access there was iSeries Access.
- While this stuff may be relatively simple to use, when it is working correctly, figuring it out for installation and troubleshooting can be a nightmare. See Client Access Refresh
If the decision is made to send them a copy of System I Access to install on their PC's, see the links for creating a tailored image and performing a silent install.
This will allow you set up an installation which only includes the components which /you/ want them to install, and simplifies the installation on their end.
- IBM Software Technical Document 13642023, TCP/IP Ports Required for Client Access contains information about firewall ports
- ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/as400/products/clientaccess/win32/ website to download any service pack by version