Difference between revisions of "RSE filter"
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
Revision as of 01:55, 18 December 2007
RSE filter are a way to group objects together inside of the RSE software.
- An example might be a group of source members needed to create a service program
- or a list of database files you need to keep track of for testing.
Creating a filter is easy!
- Under each RSE connection is an entry for iSeries Objects
- Keep drilling down until you see a Work with... entry.
- You can filter by library, object or member as well as everything in your library list and everything in the *USRLIBL.
- The way filters are displayed in the tree can be changed by using filter pools.
- Turn on the filter pool function by clicking the down-pointing triangle on the right in the top of the RSE view.
- Alternately, click or Ctrl-F7 to set the focus in the RSE view and press Ctrl-F10. Select the option called 'show filter pools.'
Filters are stored in files inside the workspace.
- The filter files have a
- Let's assume the workspace is stored in
- The RSE filters are stored in the
- They are XML, and a filter for QCMDSRC looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <filters:SystemFilter xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" mlns:filters="http:///filters.ecore" name="my_qcmdsrc" type="Member" relativeOrder="10" stringsCaseSensitive="false" release="630"> <strings string="MYLIB/QCMDSRC(*) MBRTYPE(*)"/> </filters:SystemFilter>
Return to WDSC tips