- See also on Wikipedia: VNC
VNC is an acronym which stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is software which allows graphical desktop connections. On the AS/400, a PC can connect to an XWindows session using VNC.
VNC refers to:
- the server software
- the server process which accepts the incoming connection
- the client viewer software
Starting VNC server processes
CALL QP2SHELL PARM('/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/DeveloperTools/vnc/vncserver_java' ':n') ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(DISPLAY) VALUE('systemname:n')
- systemname is the host name or IP address of the iSeries system where VNC is running
- n is the numeric value that represents the display number that you want to start
Ending VNC server processes
CALL QP2SHELL PARM('/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/DeveloperTools/vnc/vncserver_java' '-kill' ':n')
where n is the numeric value that represents the display number that you want to terminate.
Connecting VNC client
- Usage instructions for VNC
- Tips on using VNC from IBM Information Center