QSYSMSG is optionally user-created message queue which receives, and can be used to handle, various serious and critical messages.
"The system sends some messages to the QSYSMSG message queue instead of QSYSOPR. It also sends certain messages to QSYSMSG, to QSYSOPR, or to both QSYSMSG and QSYSOPR."
Messages sent to both QSYSMSG and QSYSOPR, include, but are not limited to:
- Serious storage condition may exist. Press HELP
- *Attention* Contact your hardware service provider.
- Disk drive errors, including parity and mirrored protection failure and resumption.
- User profile has been disabled because maximum number of sign-on attempts has been reached
- Messages sent to QSYSMSG message queue from i5/OS Information Center, Version 5 Release 4
- QSYSMSG message queue from i5/OS Information Center, Version 5 Release 4