- See also on Wikipedia: VNC
VNC is an acronym which stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is software which allows graphical desktop connections. On the AS/400, a PC can connect to an XWindows session using VNC.
VNC refers to:
- the server software
- the server process which accepts the incoming connection
- the client viewer software
Starting VNC server processes
CALL QP2SHELL PARM('/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/DeveloperTools/vnc/vncserver_java' ':n') ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(DISPLAY) VALUE('systemname:n')
- systemname is the host name or IP address of the iSeries system where VNC is running
- n is the numeric value that represents the display number that you want to start
Ending VNC server processes
CALL QP2SHELL PARM('/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/DeveloperTools/vnc/vncserver_java' '-kill' ':n')
where n is the numeric value that represents the display number that you want to terminate.
The command above should be run by the same userid which started the VNC process. Otherwise the error below will be displayed.
Can't find file /home/USERPRF/.vnc/SERVERNAME.COM:1.pid You'll have to kill the Xvnc process manually
Connecting VNC client
- Usage instructions for VNC
- Tips on using VNC from IBM Information Center Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Start_VNC_Call_QP2SHELL" defined multiple times with different content