- See also on Wikipedia: PHP
PHP on the iSeries was officially introduced by IBM and Zend in 2006.
Note that the install will run and silently fail if prerequisites aren't met. 'Silently' meaning an error will be put into the job log which is over a hundred pages and contains many innocuous escape messages along with a handful of messages that indicate a serious problem with the installation.
- Install as QSECOFR - process needs *SECOFR authority
- Submit the install job to a subsystem / job queue combination that allows *NOMAX active jobs
Zend software versions
The original version was Zend Core and is officially at End Of Life. Support will end July 1 2011. Zend Core has been replaced with Zend Server, which comes in two versions, the full version and the Community Edition. They both use the same install image. One can upgrade from the CE to the full version by purchasing a licence from Zend or a Zend reseller.
- Zend PHP on IBM i web forums Covers Zend Core, Zend Server, Zend Studio
- Zend Server for IBM i
- PDF of PHP: Zend for i5/OS (sg247327) at IBM Redbooks
- PHP for i5/OS from IBM.com
- Zend Core for i5/OS Ships for OS/400 V5R3 from The Four Hundred, Volume 16, Number 2, January 15, 2007 by Timothy Prickett Morgan