IBM i Access Client Solutions
IBM i Access Client Solutions is the newest member of the IBM i Access family. It provides a Java based, platform-independent interface that runs on most operating systems that support Java, including Linux, Mac, and Windows™. It is 5733-XJ1.
- 5250 display and printer emulation based on IBM's Host-on-Demand
- 5250 Session Manager support modeled after IBM Personal Communications Session Manager
- Multiple language support for concurrent 5250 emulation sessions on the same client
- Data Transfer similar to IBM i Access for Windows Data Transfer plus support for OpenDocument spreadsheet (*.ods), Excel Workbook (*.xlsx), and other file formats
- Data Transfer integration with Excel and OpenOffice
- Simplified SSL Configuration
- Download and viewing of spool files
- IBM i Virtual Control Panel for LAN and HMC consoles
- 5250 emulation for LAN and HMC consoles
- Consolidation of hardware management interface configurations, including ASMI, IVM, and HMC
Installation is client-side only; unpack the .zip file. Can be network mounted. Initial install must use ESS in order to accept the licence. Subsequent upgrades can be downloaded from the IBM i Access home page.
- NOTE: Requires the same IBM i host servers as other IBM i Access Family products (5770-XW1).
- NOTE: Requires the same licences as other IBM i Access Family products (5770-XW1).
- 5250 Emulation
- Data Transfer
|Base Access Solutions||IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions_LCD8_2010_07.zip|
|Windows Application Package||IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions_-_Win_AP_LCD8_2011_03.zip|
|Linux Application Package||IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions_-_Linux_AP_LCD8_2012_03.zip|
The base software supplies:
- a full featured 5250 display emulator based on IBM Rational Host-on-Demand. In addition to all the 5250 display features you are accustomed to when using IBM i Access for Windows, you may now switch your 5250 display emulator between languages without rebooting your workstation. In addition, you may have multiple concurrent sessions with different host code pages. This allows separate languages to be displayed within different emulator sessions. Printer emulation is also supported.
- a 5250 Session Manager modeled after IBM Personal Communications Session Manager which can be used for managing all of your 5250 emulator sessions
- Data Transfer which provides the ability to transfer data from/to your IBM i database to/from various file types on your workstation such as OpenDocument spreadsheet (*.ods), Excel Workbook (*.xlsx) and other file formats
- Printer Output provides an interface that allows you to view files in the IBM i output queues and also provides the capability to download these files to your client system.
- a Virtual Control Panel with a graphical interface to the IBM i operation panel
- 5250 emulation for LAN, HMC and FSM consoles
- consolidation for hardware management interface configurations including ASMI, IVM and HMC
- launch capability to IBM Navigator for i using your default browser
The Windows Application Package supplies:
- connectivity to DB2 for i using ODBC, .Net and OLE DB
- Programming Toolkit for accessing IBM i system objects
- support for TLS/SSL connections
- AFP printer driver
The Linux Application Package supplies:
- an ODBC driver for accessing DB2 for i and supports full 64-bit ODBC data types.
- Unpack the base .zip file
- Move it to the IFS
- Create a batch file with the following command:
java -Xmx1024m -jar X:\Software\IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions\acsbundle.jar
- To create a batch file only for emulation:
java -Xmx1024m -jar X:\Software\IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions\acsbundle.jar /PLUGIN=5250 /SYSTEM=as400.nysut.local /wide=1 /name=MY_5250_SESSION_NAME
- Create a shortcut to the batch file and use that to start the product
Tips & Hints
Start Session Manager
Start Run SQL Scripts
yum package manager
Main UI > Tools > Open Source Package Management
- IBM i Access Client Solutions
- Keeping iAccess current systemideveloper blog by Tim Rowe, 25 June 2014