The IBM Toolbox for Java is a library of Java classes supporting the client/server and internet programming models to an iSeries or AS/400 server. The classes can be used by Java applets, servlets, and applications to easily access iSeries and AS/400 data and resources.
JT400 provides the ability to do...
- Database -- JDBC (SQL) and record-level access (DDM)
- Integrated File System
- Program calls
- Data queues
- Data areas
- Print/spool resources
- Product and PTF information
- Jobs and Joblogs
- Messages, message queues, message files
- Users and groups
- User spaces
- System values
- System status
- System Debugger
There are two variations of the JT400 library.
- JTOpen - Open Source. Full source code is available on SourceForge. Primarily maintained by IBM, but community contributions accepted by the development leads.
- Toolbox for Java - Closed Source. This is a LPP that is directly supported by IBM.
NOTE: JTOpen contains all the function and fixes of the most recent Toolbox LPP release, plus additional enhancements.