PASE Open Source
What is RPM?
The RPM Package Manager (RPM) is a powerful command line driven package management system capable of installing, uninstalling, verifying, querying, and updating computer software packages. All of the PASE/AIX Open Source binary packages featured below have been packaged by RPM and can be found at Toolbox RPMs.
PASE enable RPM
To PASE enable RPM package download follow these steps:
- Follow the directions in link RPMScripts to install scripts setup.sh and wwwinstall.sh
- Follow the directions in link PackageManager to install the RPM package manager
- Download any of the packages from RPM List using wwwinstall.sh.
PASE setup.sh script will automate the steps to setting up the RPM package manager. After setting up rpm and wget with the setup.sh script, you may use the wwwinstall.sh script to install AIX RPM packages directly from your System i /QOpenSys/download directory without using a Windows or Linux PC (assuming your System i firewall allows contact with outside sites).
- To use the wwwinstall script:
- Or from batch job:
- SBMJOB CMD(QSH CMD(‘/QOpenSys/usr/bin/sh -c “/QOpenSys/download/wwwinstall.sh getsomething” > /tmp/wwwinstall.txt 2>&1′))
(copied from YiPs Wiki)
IBM have begun to release open source tooling for PASE.