- See also on Wikipedia: Python (programming language)
Python is a general-purpose very-high-level programming language.
IBM i implementation
There are currently at least three implementations for IBM i:
- Native port of Python 2.7 by Per Gummedal, called iSeriesPython, for V5R3 and later
- PASE port of Python 3.4 by IBM, as Option 2 of 5733-OPS (Open Source for IBM i Product) for 7.1 and later
- PASE port of Python 2.7 by IBM, as Option 4 of 5733-OPS (Open Source for IBM i Product) for 7.1 and later
Additionally, there are AIX ports on Perzl.org which may or may not work in PASE.
print "Hello world"
- iSeriesPython Web Site
- iSeriesPython Blog
- IBM i Technology Updates - Python
- "Getting started with Python on IBM i" (PDF) - handed out at Gateway/400 User Group meeting Jan 14, 2016