WDSC installation on Windows 7
This article describes how to install WDSC 220.127.116.11 on Windows 7.
Windows 7 has safeguards that make installing software over a network share flaky. I copied all installation files to my local PC and ran them from there, as Administrator. That might be overkill.
- Get the latest version of IBM Installation Manager
- As Administrator, install Installation Manager.
- As Administrator, install WDSC 18.104.22.168 using IM. If you have a repository with the latest wdsc fixpacks, install that instead.
- If you need the latest fix packs, run Installation Manager (as Administrator) and install them.
Some people have reported that they needed to run WDSC in Vista compatibility mode:
- Right-click on the WDSC shortcut and select "Properties".
- Select the "Compatibility" tab,
- Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box, select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" from the drop-down box
- Click on the OK button.
- WDSC is not supported on Windows 7 so here  are the instructions.
- WDSC Downloadable zip
- WDSC AE Downloadable zip
- Nick Litten has also published instructions for Installing WDSCi, and reports that it works on a preview of Windows 10.